• In today’s Gospel, Jesus reminds us to be a light to the world, and candles remind us of the light of Jesus. Today you can gather your family to make candles. Purchase a DIY candle-making kit from a local craft store or find instructions on the Internet. Something about the coziness of candlelight works wonders for conversation. Light them with dinner or after dinner as you talk and clean up.
• Alternatively, make valentines or valentine crafts for friends at school, grandparents, or those who are forgotten or the elderly. Search the Internet for crafts that are fun and easy for your kids!
Help your child become salt and light by sending your child to a Catholic or Christian summer camp. Camp registration is usually in the winter or early spring. Check out the following options:
- Camp Sancta Maria for boys and girls ages 8-16, Gaylord, Michigan, https://campsanctamaria.org/
- CYO Boys Camp (Carsonville, MI) or CYO Girls Camp (Port Sanillac, MI) for children ages 7 - 16, https://info.aod.org/hc/en-us/articles/360039235973-Catholic-Youth-Organization-Camps
- Spring Hills Camps, overnight and local day camps for grades K-12, Evart, MI, https://www.springhillcamps.com/
- Pine Hills Camps, Grass Lake, MI
- Catholic Youth Summer Camp for Middle School and High School Youth, Centerburg, Ohio, https://cysc.com/
- Steubenville Youth Conferences for High School Youth, Steubenville, OH, https://steubenvilleconferences.com/youth/ (Contact your local Youth Minister to connect with a group that is going.)